Thursday, March 12, 2015

Creative Knockouts - In Stitches

Time for a new challenge on the Creative Knockouts blog. This week our challenge is 'In Stitches', using images by Inky Impressions.  I chose to use both Dance in the Rain and Umbrella LiLi.  Now, using this adorable image and perfect sentiment was the easy part..but stitches?  Me?  ok, now that was the challenging part.  You see, I'm not a sewer.  Not even close.  Like, I can barely sew a button on.  But, I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, so I took it on, and let me say, the stitching came out waaaaayyyy better than I expected!  What do you think?


The Copics I used to color her are: skin - E000, E0, E04, E11 and R11; hair - E31. E33, E35 and E37; coat/boots - YR24, YR31 and Y32, pants - B91, B95 and B97; shirt - BG32 and BG34; umbrella - RV52, RV55, RV19 and RV66.

Check it out - that's legitimate sewing right there, people!


All of the paper for the card are from a paper pack I bought at Michaels (Recollection), and a WeR crazy 8 punch.  For the stitching I broke out my WeR Sew Easy kit. I've had it for years, and I think I used it once.  Maybe twice.  Definitely not more than twice, lol.  It was easier than I remember!  I just ran the tool along the seam where the 2 papers meet, and hand stitched the thread through.  I might have to try it again soon.  I really like the effect.  I have all of the threads, and attachments, so I might as well start using them!  Note:  I said might;)  Anyway, I hope you'll join us over on the Creative Knockouts blog.  I'm excited to see everyone's stitches!

xo  Bonnie

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Bonnie
Gr Karin

Craft Paper said...

Adorabel and your stitching looks awesome! DT sis Nancy

Kelly Schelske said...

Bonnie! I really love everything about this card, gorgeous coloring, fab color palette and papers and great design!

Margaret said...

I think your stitching is Fabulous as well as the rest of your card. Beautiful, creative design. Cute image and amazing coloring. Maggie, DT Sister