Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Wild Princess

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today I am sharing a project I made for the Ching Chou Kuik Facebook Group.  I decided to try something other than a card for this.  It originally started as an altered mixed-media canvas (which I have never made before), but after realizing I don't quite have all of the materials I need, I decided to make a shadow box.  My daughter was excited when I asked her if she wanted me to hang it in her room, so I must have done a decent job, lol.  I'd love to get your thoughts!  I used the image The Wild Princess for this project.


It was pretty hard to photograph - this picture is without the glass.  Because of the heavy frame, the top portion looks a little dark, but it's actually rather bright.  


The Copics I used are: skin - E000, E00, E04, E21 & R20; hair - E35, E37, YR23, Y21 & Y32; crown - Y26 & Y28; dress - R35, R37 & R39; leaves - G21, YG93 & YG97; flowers - R11, R20, R22, R24, Y17, Y32, G000, BG11, BG13 & BG32; snail - V93, V95, V97, W0, W3 & W5.  I added Wink of Stella (clear) to the crow and butterflies.

Here is a closer look at this beauty:


The shadow box is from Ikea.  I also used Bazzill cardstock, paper/sticker from Webster's Pages (Dream in Color), flowers from Wild Orchid, ribbon, Butterfly punches from Martha Stewart, and dies by Memory Box and LaLa Land Crafts.  I've been into quotes lately, and trying to use them on my cards, and added one to the bottom of this.  It's a little small, but I wanted the image to be the main focus.  I love what it reads...


Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love some feedback, and please leave me a link to your blog if I'm not already a follower:)  Have a great day!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination  - Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes
CCC Digi Creations - Layer it Up
Corrosive Challenges - Anything Goes
Create and Inspire - Anything Goes (non dark-side)

xx Bonnie




8 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous creation and just love the colour combo and image used.xx
Have a great weekend..
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Jacee said...

What a fabulous creation Bonnie, it's wonderful!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Mish B said...

Great card! Love all the details! Thanks for joining us this week at the Corrosive Challenge Blog!

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again. Anet DT x

Michelle said...

Wonderful shadow box! Really great job! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge this week!

Deonna B said...

Stunning Card and fantastic details! I love the window look. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at TTCRD this week and please come and play again tomorrow for our new "Anything goes" challenge. I also love visitors: ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation! I love this image and design! Flowers and colours are wonderful!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge June "ATG".
Ileanaxx