Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Dreams

Hey everyone!  How is your week so far?  Mine has been crafty which = fun! I'm here to share with you my card for the new challenge on the Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog.  Our fabulous sponsor this week is A Day For Daisies, and they have some of the most beautiful stamps!  I always love having the chance to work with their images.  You won't want to miss this one - the prize for the winner is a $12 gift certificate to their store!  Awesome, right? 


The theme we have this week for you is CAS or 'Clean and Simple'.  I have to admit, when I saw that a few months ago, I was a little scared.  If you've read some of my recent posts you might know that I am new to CAS cards (so please be kind!).  But I have to admit, I am quite enjoying the challenge of keeping cards CAS.  The image I am using Dreams is perfect for this challenge.  The image is so beautiful that not much else is needed.  What do you think?



The Copics I used are: skin - E000, E00, E11, E21 & E93; hair - E08, E19, YR14 & YR18; tail - BG10, BG11, BG13 & BG18; rock - W00, W1, W2, W3 & W5; ocean - B0000, B000, B00, B12 & B16.  The image is printed on x-press paper.  I tried the dotted effect (I think it's called 'stippling') which I've seen other people do.  Not perfect, but it was fun, and a technique I would definitely try again!.  Here is a closer look at the image:


For my CAS card I used Bazzill cardstock, MME paper (Lost and Found) and ribbon.  That's it.  But again, I think the image stands out more this way:)  Head on over to the Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog when you have a chance and check out the other beautiful CAS cards by my fellow teamies.  We hope you'll join in our challenge too!  Hope you have a great rest of your week!  I'll be back soon with more to share.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
A Day For Daisies - Frame It

xx Bonnie



8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

You certainly mastered the CAS look with this card Bonnie - a lovely card.
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous design, really love this creation and all the fab details. x {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Hi Bonnie, a beautiful CAS card, great image and colouring.thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

Denise Goeldner said...

This is really gorgeous Bonnie, love the dotty effect used and the colours chosen, beautifully done, teamie xx
~ Denise DT Sis ~

Tanja said...

love the dot details - thanks for sharing your pretty card at A Day for Daisies

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Penny’s.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(DT Crafty Friends)
(DT Tuesday Throwdown)

Cathy P said...

Your card is lovely, Bonnie. I love the stipple effect you used and that gorgeous, soft sky. Thanks for posting your card and playing along with the Frame It challenge. Hugs to you, fellow Creative Knockouts Teamie!! Cathy ADFD DT